- Registration for the EGU General Assembly 2016 is secured via payment of the appropriate registration fee.
- There is no waiving of registration fees except for scientists receiving a support award, a Union/Union Division award, or medal.
- Please renew your membership to the EGU upon registration to benefit from reduced member rates.
- The registration fee includes participation in the meeting, a public transportation ticket, as well as the information & schedule book. The public transportation ticket is valid Monday–Friday, 18–22 April 2016, within Vienna (Zone 100). Please note that this ticket does not cover the transportation from and to the airport.
Early registration rate
- When registering for the early registration rate, there are two payment options: (a) by credit card or (b) by bank transfer. However, if you want to buy an EGU membership while registering, the payment is by credit card only.
- Participants from most European countries can choose to receive their name badges by airmail about 8–10 days prior to the conference if payment is received by 17 Mar 2016.
Standard registration rate
- You can register online until the end of the conference, but you can only pay by credit card.
|Categories||Early registration rates
(deadline 17 Mar 2016)
|Standard registration rates|
|Week ticket||Day ticket||Week ticket||Day ticket|
|EGU regular member 2016 (1)||€370||€200||€400||€220|
|EGU PhD student member 2016 (1) (*)||€210||€115||€245||€140|
|EGU emeritus member 2016 (1) (**)||€210||€115||€245||€140|
|PhD student non-member (*)||€235||€130||€265||€150|
|Emeritus non-member (**)||€235||€130||€265||€150|
(only on-site registration)
(who do not take part, either actively or passively, in the scientific programme but who just wants to enter the congress centre)
|not available||not available||€80||€45|
|(1)||Participants having paid their annual membership fee for 2016 to the European Geosciences Union (EGU) and/or to the American Geophysical Union (AGU)/Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS).|
|(*)||Please enclose/show proof of status. Please note that it may take up to two working days to change your status to "student" (also valid for PHD students), which is relevant for keeping the early registration rate.|
|(**)||Age 60 or older and retired from full-time employment. Please note that it may take up to two working days to change your status to "emeritus", which is relevant for keeping the early registration rate.|
Conditions and cancellation policy
- Early registration must be accompanied by payment. Otherwise, it will not be processed and the standard registration rates will be applied.
- Registration fees are non-transferable.
- Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received by Copernicus Meetings before 30 March 2016. The cancellation fee is €50.
- Cancellations after 30 March 2016 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- Any claims must be received by Copernicus Meetings no later than 6 weeks after the last day of the conference. Later requests cannot be considered.